Week 2 and 3 (ish) of #100DaysOfCode

Celebrate

Here we go on to Week 2. I seemed to really crush it this week. After getting hung a little bit on Weather App and switching to different way to get User’s Location data. I breezed through tthe Wikipedia Searcher quite quickly.

Then life hit me again and I started missing multiple days. As of March 1. I was able to complete about 20 days in 2 months. Not very good on my part. I did complete two projects. I need to find a better time consistently to be able to do this daily. NO More excuses.

There is approxiametly 100 days till my birthday. I am going to attempt to have 100 days done by then and hopefully, I’ll have 120 days done.

 

Day 8: February 2, 2017

Today’s Progress: Fixed the toggle click! Now switches between Farenheit and Celsius.

Thoughts: There were actually to issues. First I was using HTML’s onclick funciton instead of the addEventListener function. Second, there was a function at the very top of my code that was continuing to fire and not allow the rest of the code to process. I commented that out and addEventListener function worked like a charm

Day 9: February 3, 2017

Today’s Progress: Aligned the Toggle with the F and C. And made mobile responsive

Thoughts: Weather App is function properly on desktop browser, but won’t work on the mobile site. It does look good on mobile site though with responsiveness working great!

Day 10: February 4, 2017

Today’s Progress: GeoLocation is working except for on some mobile browsers.

Thoughts: GeoLocaiton is working OK, but is slow to respond from API.

Day 11: Febrary 5, 2017

Today’s Progress: Switching to use IP Info instead of GeoLocation

Thoughts: ipinfo.io’s api is very fast. It also doesn’t need any feedback from the user to fire off request.

Day 12: February 6, 2017

Today’s Progress: Need to understand how Javascript is running through code.

Thoughts: ipinfo.io’s api is working, but doesn’ fire til after the Weather API code. Can’ understand why yet, as Weather API is positioned below. Tried using window.onload and $(document).ready to try to get Weather API to wait.

Link to work: Wikipedia Viewer

Day 13: February 7, 2017

Today’s Progress: Took a Pause from Weather App. It was working except for Chrome on Mobile. Started preliminary layout for the Wikipedia Viewer

Thoughts: Getting odd error when using codepen. Won’t show glyphicons on new pen, but when I forked an old pen and deleted everything glyphicons worked????

Day 14: February 8, 2017

Today’s Progress: Moving along quickly with Wikipedia Viewer. Had to go find out how to setup GetSJON/Ajax call again πŸ™

Thoughts: Kept getting error when calling wiki api. Everything looks corret, and when I pull within browser URL it works.

Day 15: February 9, 2017

Today’s Progress: Used some more jQuery to push HTML …. appendTo() and empty(). Using JQuery was super easy. Now about 90% complete

Thoughts: Error yesterday was the api URL didn’t have callback=”?” put that in and JSON call was working like a charm.

Day 16: February 10, 2017

Today’s Progress: Added Functionality for hitting “enter” key to search in addtion to the clicking search. Also made search results on put of results returned. No more Undefined results

Thoughts: Had to use trial and error until I found code to use the enter key as a click. (event.which?) need to understand why “Which”… Also used a for loop to out show up to 5 results and stop at 1 or 2 or 3 if data only had that many entries.

Link to work: Twitch Status Viewer

Day 17: February 11, 2017

Today’s Progress: Started with the basic layout for the Twitch App.

Day 18: February 16, 2017

Today’s Progress: Setup the basic connection to the API.

Thoughts: The API is getting data but I can’t seem to get it to call multiples users.

Day 19: February 17, 2017

Today’s Progress: Spent sometime changing the layout to get ready for the API data.

Day 20: February 19, 2017

Today’s Progress: Finally figured out the hack that FreeCodeCamp had setup to prevent API keys didn’t allow you to call multiple users at one time like the normal Twithc API.

Thoughts: I’m having to re-order my code to accomodate for multiple calls.

Filed under: 100DaysOfCode, FreeCodeCamp, Programming