First(ish) Week of #100DaysOfCode

Bridge to Clounds

 

Well this week(ish), has been interesting few weeks. I got off to a good start, then had to take a couple weeks break due to traveling out east for my grandfathers funeral. After a couple rough weeks, I was able to re-start the process.

This week I have been creating and modifying my weather app using the Openweather api.

 

Weather App

Day 1: January 3, 2017

Today’s Progress: Added basic structure to the Weather App. Figured out the getLocation function

Thoughts: Need to get a better understanding up of to pull APIs. Been awhile since last working on Quoter API. Having trouble understanding all the pieces.

 

Day 2: January 4, 2017

Today’s Progress: I have the main portion for the OpenWeather API in the code.

Thoughts: Was having trouble getting the lat and long to be implemented into the API. But now how about 90% of the api results working. Just need to understanding the $.ajax operator better.

 

Day 3: January 5, 2017

Today’s Progress: Got the API to pull weather data!

Thoughts: Need to modify a little more so it doesn’t show full decimals. I got stuck initially around getting the icon to show. I didn’t realize that the Object was inside an Array. After the little fix, pulled the icons in easily, though I would like to put a better icon set as the default icons from OpenWeatherAPI are not the greatest.

 

Day 4: January 6, 2017

Today’s Progress: Found a tutorial on adding a CSS Toggle. Used that template to modify and add to my project

Thoughts: It appears that codepen.io is not utilizing the jquery normally as the .toggle() is not functioning properly. Need to investigate further.

 

Day 5: January 30, 2017

After having to travel to North East for a close family members funeral, I am now getting back in the swing of things and continuing my journey.

Today’s Progress: Had some issues with the previous toggle. Reverse Engineering another Toggle

Thoughts: Codepen will not allow the previous toggle to work. I am not sure if there is a setting I am missing, but when I copy the code out to another compiler it works. So I am using another tutorial, and trying to reverse engineer it so I can understnad it better.

 

Day 6: January 31, 2017

Today’s Progress: Toggle is up and working now with modifications for color.

Thoughts: Toggle required a lot of code to get to work, but modifiying it was not to hard. Still need to fix so that it is inline with the F and C for temperature. But that is more cosmetic right now.

 

Day 7: Febrary 1, 2017

Today’s Progress: Trying to get toggle to change temperature when clicked, but I have not been able to get past this bug.

Thoughts: Not sure what exactly is causing the onclick to not fuction properly. Reached out to group for guidance.

 

Filed under: 100DaysOfCode, FreeCodeCamp